As I write this article and refer to students as “rising seniors,” I’m wondering where the time has gone. It’s hard to believe that the 2014-2015 college application season will arrive soon, and we are less than 2 months away from opening Common Application accounts! On that note, I want to pass along a few reminders:
- Work Hard — I know that you are wrapping up classes in the coming days. Please do your best to finish on a strong note. This year is the last complete year of grades that colleges will see when reviewing your applications for admission.
- Summer Plans — Summer should be productive for students, but maintaining balance and preserving time to rest and recharge for the school year should be an important priority as well. Consider working, volunteering, or enrolling in a class. If you are planning to take the SAT in the fall, the summer is the perfect opportunity to study for the exam.
- Teacher Recommendations — Please ask two teachers for letters of recommendation before school ends this month. You will need recommendations from teachers who have you taught you in two of the following subject areas: math, science, foreign language, history/social sciences, and English/humanities.
- Fall SAT Registration — If you are planning to take the SAT or SAT Subject Tests in the fall, registration is now open.
- Summer College Visits — When planning summer college visits, please remember to check admission office websites for summer tour and info session availability. Admission offices often have different schedules for summer as compared to the school year.
- Connect with P&A — Please connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and subscribe to our blog. Our social media is updated numerous times a day with helpful information regarding college admission and application news, financial aid tips, summer program opportunities, community service project announcements, and much more.