The November 1 deadline for Early Decision and Early Action applications is just days away, with the November 15 deadline arriving soon. Keep these 5 tips in mind for successfully completing your applications:
- If you are submitting an Early Decision application, please remember that the applicant, a parent and a school counselor must submit Early Decision Agreements in order for the application to be considered complete.
- Don’t forget to order standardized test score reports from the College Board for the SAT, SAT Subject Tests, and AP exams and ACT.org for the ACT. These score reports should be sent directly to your colleges.
- If you are applying for financial aid, please complete all necessary application materials by the Early Decision and Early Action deadlines determined by the financial aid office(s). Families should contact their colleges with any questions about policies, deadlines, etc.
- If you attended or are currently enrolled in classes at an institution other than your high school (community college, online high school, etc.), please request that the transcript for the class taken outside of your high school be sent to your colleges.
- Carefully proofread all essays and applications. Please note the online resource recommended in this month’s Website Pick of the Month, which is especially valuable for editing essays.
For more college admissions tips, please check out our October newsletter.